FIRST STATE BANK’S CERTIFICATES OF DEPOSIT
We Give You Options to Help You Save
Save for the Future with a Certificate of Deposit
A Certificate of Deposit (i.e., CD) from First State Bank is a safe way to supplement your savings and receive an anticipated rate of return. If you have just $1,000 to put toward savings for specific period of time, you can watch it reap the benefits that come from fixed interest rates and the backing of the FDIC. With a First State Bank CD, you have the option to have your interest deposited into an account or compounded into your CD.
Additionally, we offer a variety of maturities on our CDs to give you options to help you build a stronger financial future. Be sure to check out our current CD interest rates here!
Fast First State Bank Certificate of Deposit Facts
- You will be paid a specified rate until CD maturity.
- Interest will be compounded on a monthly basis.
- The annual percentage yield assumes interest will remain on deposit until CD maturity.
- A withdrawal will reduce your CD’s earnings.
- Interest will be credited to your account on a monthly basis.
- Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit noncash items (e.g., checks).
- You may not make withdrawals from or deposits to this account until the maturity date.
- Terms on existing CDs remain effective until the next maturity date.
Qualifications for Our CDs
In order to have a CD from First State Bank, you must meet the qualifications below. Be sure to reach out to an account representative for additional options.
- A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open a CD
- A minimum daily balance of $1,000 must be maintained in the CD each day to obtain the disclosed annual percentage yield
CD Renewal Policy & Penalties
Your CD will automatically renew at maturity. You will have 10 calendar days after the maturity date to withdraw funds without penalty. However, First State Bank may impose a penalty, as shown below, if you withdraw any of the deposited funds before the maturity date.
- CDs of less than 12 months will receive a 90-day interest penalty
- CDs of 12 months or greater will receive a 180-day interest penalty
Want the Option to Change Your CD Rate?
We are all about convenience here at First State Bank. That’s why we offer our customers different maturity options on our CDs, which includes our 24-Month Flex Rate CD. This Flex Rate CD allows you to change your interest rate once during the term of the CD. Reach out to a First State Bank representative to learn if this CD option is right for you.
Open a Certificate of Deposit Today
Saving for the future is easy and reliable with a CD from First State Bank. If you are ready to open a CD, we invite you to do so in person at your nearest First State Bank location or by phone.
If you like the convenience of doing everything online from the comfort of your home or office, this option is for you. Opening an account with us online is a pretty straightforward process, but we will happily help you out if you need any assistance. Just contact the branch nearest you and we will make sure you get everything set up smoothly.
If you prefer to talk to a person, our friendly and experienced bankers are ready to assist! Contact your local banker and they will gladly walk you through the process.